Seattle Municipal Code Table of Contents
Title 15 STREET AND SIDEWALK USE
This title is intended for those provisions of the Code which relate to the use, maintenance and construction of streets and sidewalks.
- Subtitle I Street Use Ordinance
- 15.02 General Provisions
- 15.04 Use and Occupation Permits
- 15.06 Driveways and Curb Setbacks
- 15.08 Areaways, Vents and Elevators
- 15.10 Marquees, Awnings, and Decorative Elements
- 15.12 Signs, Banners and Street Clocks
- 15.14 Newsstands
- 15.16 Sidewalk Cafes
- 15.17 Vending
- 15.18 Dangerous Structures on Adjoining Property
- 15.20 Building Cleaning or Painting
- 15.22 Building Construction/Demolition
- 15.24 Scaffolds
- 15.26 Backfilling
- 15.28 Building and Equipment Moving
- 15.32 Franchise and Public Utility Permits and Regulations
- 15.35 Filming
- 15.36 Lifting Heavy Equipment
- 15.38 Impounding
- 15.40 Warning Lights and Barricades
- 15.43 Tree and Vegetation Management in Public Places
- 15.44 Excavations and Fills
- 15.46 Debris in Public Places
- 15.48 Miscellaneous Acts
- 15.52 Crowd Control Events
- 15.54 Monorail Guideways
Statutory Reference: For statutory provisions authorizing first-class cities to regulate and control the use of streets and sidewalks, see RCW 35.22.280(7).
Severability: If any portion of this subtitle shall be declared invalid, it shall not thereby affect the validity of the remaining portions.
(Ord. 90047 § 5, 1961.)
(Ord. 90047 § 5, 1961.)
- Subtitle II Miscellaneous Street Use Regulations
- 15.60 Classification of Roads and Streets
- 15.62 Vacation of Streets, Alleys and Public Places
- 15.64 Skybridge Term Permits
- 15.65 Significant Structure Term Permits
- Subtitle III Maintenance and Construction
- 15.70 Sidewalk Construction
- 15.72 Sidewalk Maintenance
- 15.76 Inspection of Certain Structures in Public Places
- Subtitle IV Enforcement
- 15.90 Enforcement
- 15.91 Citations
- Appendix I to Title 15 -- Description of Park Drives and Boulevards
- Appendix II to Title 15 -- Corresponding Maps of Park Drives and Boulevards
Statutory Reference: For statutory provisions requiring cities to classify streets, see RCW 35.78.010 and 47.26.180.
Statutory Reference: For statutory provisions on street vacations, see RCW Ch. 35.79.
Statutory Reference: For statutory provisions on sidewalk construction in first-class cities, see RCW Ch. 35.69.
Statutory Reference: For statutory provisions authorizing cities to provide for the construction and repair of sidewalks, see RCW Chs. 35.68 and 35.69.