Citizen Initiatives, Referenda & Charter Amendments
These documents are provided for informational and guidance purposes only. Petition coordinators and any persons seeking legal advice should consult with a private attorney.
- Citizens Initiative Petition Guide: An Information Resource for Citizens (PDF)
- Citizens Referenda Guide (PDF)
- City Charter Amendment Petition Guide (PDF)
Questions or requests for additional information should be directed to the City Clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org, (206) 684-8344.
Citizen Initiatives, Referenda & Charter History
- Citizen initiatives and referenda are filed with the City Clerk. You can search the Clerk Files database for initiatives, referenda, and related records filed with the Clerk.
- See the Seattle Municipal Archives history of ballot initiatives for a comprehensive history of citizen initiatives, from the year 1910 up through the most recent initiative measures.